I was receiving emails from people asking me whether they had been cheated by many job websites online. They were unable to do anything about the site.
What are they able to do in such a scenario?
If you’ve purchased any membership or CD from Work from Homesites and the website is revealed as a fake website, go through this article to file an online complaint to the cybercrime police.
You can use this data to file any cybercrime report; however, my primary attention is on work-from-home and online job websites.
Submit an online Job Fraud complaint in writing to Cyber Cell police
There are a lot of points you should be aware of before sending your complaint. Take a look at some of the factors.
- Before you file your complaint to cyber policy, you need to confirm that the website you made a payment to is fake.
- The majority of Indian sites that ask for money to register for a work-from-home home job are fraudulent. If you’ve paid an Indian website, you have a good chance that the site is fraudulent.
- A legitimate website displays the name of the owner of the site who sells the work-from-home package. In other cases, you can find the name and picture of the website owner on our contact page. If you cannot identify the name and picture of the owner on the site, it’s fake.
- Don’t rely on numbers for contacts such as office addresses, registration numbers, or even office numbers that you see on the site. Any fake business can gain a telephone number, rent an office, or get a registration number.
- If the website offers the services of online surveys such as copy-paste, forms filling, etc. Then it’s a scam site.
- Look on Google for complaints about the website from other customers.
You are therefore better placed to make a complaint when any of the preceding points are applicable.
How and where do I file the complaint?
The complaint can be made by email or letter. Check out the table below to locate the contact information of cyber cell police officers in different cities.
A key point to note is submitting the complaint about the police cell that handles the cybercrime department where this website’s headquarters is.
If you’re from Bangalore and have been tricked by the Mumbai company, you should submit your complaint to cyber police in Mumbai and not Bangalore.
There are two reasons for this:
- Each cyber cell department will get individual complaints. However, even if there aren’t many complaints from a single Cyber cell Police department, it could be ignored. If all users send their complaints to the police of the same city that the website operates from, they will get many complaints. The police will surely take action in response to this.
- Since the website’s headquarters is located in the city of the same name, it is simple for cyber police to act.
What do you do about the complaint?
Here are a few items you should add to your email or letter of complaint.
The subject line, you could write as
- “Website Name” Fraud Complaint Example- XYZ.com fraud complaint
- OR “Website Name” Cheated Me Example- XYZ.com Cheated Me
- Or I was duped by the XYZ.com website, etc.
In the email, write down the following details. Your email.
- What did you buy?
- Date and cost of purchase.
- Name of the website, company name, and contact details of the business
- What was the job you were promised, and how did you get duped?
- Search Google for complaints and forward the links to the sites where people complain about the site.
- And any other things you’d like to add.
Send it to the address or email listed within the following table. If the business is located in Mumbai, you can send the complaint in writing to Cyber cell police in Mumbai, and if it’s Delhi and the address is Delhi, it should be sent to Cyber cells police from Delhi on.
Contact information of different Cyber cells police
|City||Phone||Address & Email||Website|
|Mumbai||91 – 022 – 22653714
|ACP, Cyber Crime Investigation Cell, Office of Commissioner of Police office, Annex -3 Building, 1st floor, Near Crawford Market, Mumbai-400001
|CBI Cyber Crime Cell:, Superintendent of Police, Cyber Crime Investigation Cell, Central Bureau of Investigation,
5th Floor, Block No.3, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi – firstname.lastname@example.org
|ACP, Cyber Crime Cell, Commissioner office Campus Egmore, Chennai- 600008
E-mail id: email@example.com
For Rest of Tamil Nadu,
Address: Cyber Crime Cell, CB, CID, Chennai
E-mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Cyber Crime Police Station, C.O.D Headquarters, Carlton House, No. 1, Palace Road, Bangalore-1
+91-040-2329 7474 (Fax)
|Cyber Crime Police Station, Crime Investigation Department, 3rd Floor, D.G.P. office, Lakdikapool, Hyderabad–4
For this, you will need the contact information above, and you can make a complaint either via an email, a letter or even by going to the address.
It is possible to note the details above, which you must submit your complaint.
I would like to see you be able to get your money back, or at least be content knowing that you’ve taken steps against the person that took your hard-earned money.
Another joy knows that you’ve saved countless other individuals from becoming victims of this website.
All the very best