Thanks to the internet-based buying boom, consumers mainly make online purchases to purchase products and services on the internet using payment gateways. The payment gateway forms the basis of any online business offering its goods to consumers.
Without a doubt that it’s the most efficient method for businesses to take online payment via their app or website.
Today, people aren’t only making use of debit or credit cards. They are using net banking, UPI, or money wallets, and more.
With the ease of payments gateways, all you need is an internet connection or smartphone, and you’re good to go. This article will provide information on what the most popular payment processing companies are in India.
As a company or the customer, it is essential to be aware of them since payment gateways are the main reason online businesses exist in the first place.
The online payment gateways function as tunnels and link your bank account with the website you use to purchase something. Payment gateways perform an independent role and make it easy to do transfers of money.
For example, purchase a specific item through Amazon or other eCommerce websites. The payment gateway will take money from your account and then transfer it to Amazon or any other site you use.
Before you begin exploring the best payment gateways, it is essential to know how a payment gateway operates.
Also Read: 20 Fastest Growing Companies in the World
The operation of an online payment gateway
A payment gateway focuses on making online transactions secure and effortless. It secures sensitive data that the user enters. In simple terms, this is how the transaction takes place:
1. When a buyer can finally purchase the item, they click the “proceed to pay” button or any other similar button. This triggers the following process.
2After the initial step, the payment gateway is open for the user to enter the necessary information such as credit card numbers, UPI ID, CVV credit card number, and so on. When the necessary information is entered, the new page will open to allow a secure transaction.
3- Once the payment gateway receives positive notifications on the transaction, it succeeds. If there is a mistake in the transaction or other obstacles, the payment gateway will display an error.
4Once the transaction is completed, the client receives a notification of confirmation.
Top 10 Payment Gateways
Many payment gateways are accessible online. Certain of these gateways are exclusive to a particular country, and others are international too. Payment gateways don’t just aid customers when shopping online but also aid both large and small businesses.
Like Stripe, Razorpay is the most used payment gateway in India. Since its inception at the end of 2013, the payment gateway has come quite a considerable distance and developed significantly.
Recently, Razorpay has incorporated new features like payment links, subscriptions, UPI automatic pay, intelligent collect, payments pages, etc.
A lot of top businesses and eCommerce establishments utilize Razorpay for their payments gateway. This is due to its reliability and ease of use.
The benefits of Razorpay include: Razorpay are
- Zero setup fee
- There is no annual maintenance charge
- The transaction rates are minimal and usually range between 1-2 percent, based on the payment method used.
Razorpay is a user-friendly interface. It is simple to comprehend and utilize. The subscription feature lets you make payments regularly (monthly, quarterly, or annually).
Its email function is impressive, as it informs customers of the performance or failure of a transaction. The site also provides a wide range of payment options to pick from.
The top customers who use Razorpay include Spicejet, Zomato, Swiggy, Grofers, and Airtel.
CCAvenue is a well-known name in the field of payment processing gateways available in India. It was founded in 2001.
CCAvenue accepts transactions and payments across every payment and bank choice available.
The company is known as a reliable gateway for payments and is renowned for its dependability and reliability.
Here are a few benefits of making use of CCAvenueThere are many benefits to using CCAvenue –
- No setup fees to purchase Startup Pro Plan and Rs. 30000 for the privilege plan.
- The annual maintenance cost is 1200 rupees. 1200
- The transaction fee varies between 2% and 4 percent per transaction.
CCAvenue utilizes and supports a variety of currencies. Some currencies are not accepted, but most of them, such as those of the US dollar Euro as well. are supported. CCAvenue offers the most significant number of payment options available. It supports more than 100 debit cards and 53plus mobile wallets, net banking, and 40+ bank IMPS.
The most well-known customers of CCAvenue include Make My Trip, Myntra, Snapdeal, Naukri, AirAsia, and more.
It’s a new payment processor that allows companies to receive and transfer money using more than 100 different methods such as MasterCard, Visa, Rupay, IMPS, NEFT, PayTM, Pay Later, and many other EMI options.
Based on the data released by the company, According to the data provided by the company, over 3000 businesses have utilized CashFree in processing over the amount of Rs. 2500 crores.
The most notable features provided by CashFree include:
- Access to the PayPal account. This is the result of the partnership between the two companies, and PayPal developed CashFree. Users of CashFree can quickly transfer to their PayPal account to make international payments.
- CashFree also provides PayTM account integration as a payment option.
- It’s straightforward to transfer money into an account at a bank, PayTM wallet, and other UPI ID in a matter of minutes.
- It can offer the market-based vendor’s settlement.
- There is no setup charge, and there is no annual maintenance cost.
- The transaction fee ranges between 1.95 percent up to 2.95 percent.
Learn the details of CashFree.
PayUMoney was founded in the year 2015. PayUMoney is a subsidiary that is part of PayU India and helps small companies and medium-sized businesses with their transactions and helping customers.
At present, PayUMoney has more than 4000 customers.
The main aspects of PayUMoney are:
- There is no setup cost.
- No annual maintenance fees.
- The average transaction cost is 2%.
Some of the most popular clients that use PayUMoney are BookMyShow, Freecharge, ShopClue, Pepperfry, etc.
Learn details about PayUMoney.
It was first introduced in 2012 and is one of the most popular options to pay for digital goods. Today, it is gaining more and more popularity, and brands are using it to pay for physical item payments, such as tickets, merchandise, etc.
The most prominent characteristics of Instamojo include:
- Zero setup fee.
- There is no annual maintenance charge.
- Transaction fees are usually 2percent, and the additional cost of 3 rupees.
Learn the details of Instamojo.
It is a France-founded company that is focused on offering payment services. The company has received mixed feedback from its customers. However, EBS is considered one of the most reliable payment gateways available.
The most notable aspects included in the EBS payment gateway include
- According to the plan, the setup cost is expensive and can range from Rs.4700 to Rs.24,000.
- The annual maintenance cost is Rs.2400.
- The transaction fee varies between 1.25 percent and 3.75 percent.
The top clients of EBS include Snapdeal, FirstCry, and BabyOye.
PayPal is a worldwide brand, and the first digital payment system was established in the US. It has processed more than 4 billion transactions so far. PayPal has more than 170 million customers who are regular users. It’s a fantastic service for companies or individuals who deal with international customers. It can support more currencies from around the world than any of the payment gateways listed here.
Indian citizens typically utilize PayPal to take payments from foreign clients. A few of the most prominent characteristics of PayPal are:
- There is no payment gateway fee, and there is no charge for maintenance.
- The transaction rate is about 4.4 percent.
- PayPal doesn’t accept Indian currency. In addition, since you’re an Indian one, you’re able only to be paid via PayPal.
- PayPal will also charge to convert currency.
Paykan can be described as an Indian payment processor that can ensure secure transactions between buyers and sellers. It’s a fantastic payment option for small-scale businesses and individuals, NGOs, eCommerce, etc.
A few notable features of PayKun Re–
- There is no cost for setup and no annual fees for maintenance.
- The fee for transactions is 1.75%(for domestic transactions).).
- Retrying your payment is offered.
- User-friendly dashboard.
9. Atom Payment Gateway
Atom Payments is a payment gateway operated by the FT group. It offers more than 100 payment options. It also deals with more than 4500 merchants across the nation.
Some of the most prominent aspects of Atom Paynetz are:
- There is no maintenance fee per year for the first year. In the second year, the cost is the equivalent of Rs. 2400.
- The fee for transactions ranges between 0.75 percent up to 2.1 percent.
- Support for multiple currencies is not offered.
Find out more information about Atom Payment Gateway.
PayTM is another well-known payment option in India. It has grown into a primary payment gateway, and it also offers additional services such as UPI payment and more. The most prominent advantages of PayTM include:
- It works with all credit cards, including Visa, Maestro, Amex, MasterCard, etc., and international credit cards.
- The transaction fee is about 1.99 percent.
- A zero-yearly business requirement for business is necessary.
- It isn’t able to support multiple currencies.
Paying with a payment processor has helped make online transactions easy and safer. They have made it easier for people to trust digital transactions and small and large companies to attract more customers.
Payment gateways have also allowed businesses to expand their reach into the international market. In both cases, payment gateways have transformed online payment, and in the coming years, they will make the process safer and less hassle-free. Which of these payment gateways have you tried to date?