About this course
Learn how to identify your life’s purpose and vision, then set and achieve your own big hairy audacious long term goals
Get StudyOnlineSpot certificate by completing entire course
The world is changing fast all around us and especially now with Covid 19 in the world we are in a time of rapid change. Goal setting is such a vital skill to develop in 2020. We need the confidence and skills to take charge of our lives now more than ever. Many people set goals and perhaps you also set goals for yourself. The question is how effective are those goals? How compelling and inspiring are your goals? What is your success rate on goal achievement? According to U.S. News & World Report, the failure rate for New Year’s resolutions is said to be about 80 percent, and most give up on their new year goals by mid-February. The good news is that effective goal setting is a learned skill that we can all acquire and improve upon. None of us can afford to take goal setting for granted. This course will show you how to set compelling and life transforming goals that will bring out the very best in you and take your life in a new and exciting direction of your own choosing. You have the power to make your life whatever you want it to be through effective goal setting. This course is action orientated and by the end of the course you will have set up to three key long term goals to propel your own life forward in new and exciting directions. Don’t wait until new year to set effective goals. You can set goals any time of year – this is especially true in 2020 as everything has changed so rapidly around us we all need to rethink our goals. Don’t assume that you know everything about goal setting already. Even experienced goal setters can benefit by renewing and constantly refining their goal setting skills.
What you’ll learn
- What goals are and why set them
- The benefits and potential pitfalls of having goals
- How to develop your life’s purpose and vision and be clear on what you want for your life
- How to set key long term big hairy audacious goals based on your life’s purpose and vision
- How to make sure you achieve your goals!
Are there any course requirements or prerequisites?
- You just need to be interested in taking your life to the next level!
- You need to be prepared to work on the course assignments
Who this course is for:
- The course is for anyone who wants to set goals and be clear about where they are headed in life
- Anyone who has goals and wants to review them or further clarify and refine their goals
- Anyone who wants to refresh what they already ‘know’ about the fundamentals of goal setting
- Anyone who wants to master the skill of goal setting
Project Manager, Educator, Researcher, Author
I grew up on a farm in the midlands of Ireland and while there I developed a passion for bees and beekeeping at a young age. That passion for bees led me to work on beekeeping development in East Africa for over 20 years. I currently keep bees in both Ireland and Kenya.
Another passion of mine is personal development and psychology and I teach two related courses – one on reinventing yourself and making positive changes to your life and the other on goal setting.
My latest course is on technology and the skills we need to survive and thrive in the era of the 4th Industrial Revolution.
I hold qualifications in business and agriculture, up to PhD level.
- Lectures 24
- Quizzes 15
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 1
- Assessments Yes
- Section 1: Introduction
- Section 2: Your Life's Purpose and Vision
- Section 3: Setting great goals
- 9. Introduction to section 3
- 10. Input, output, outcome and learning goals
- 11. Goal Setting Research
- 12. How to set effective goals
- Assignment: Brainstorm your goals and dreams
- Assignment: Select your top three goals in each area of your life
- 13. Your top Big Hairy Audacious long term goals!
- Assignment: Select & prioritise your top 3 Big Hairy Audacious longer term Goals (BHAGs)
- Assignment: Identify the steps needed to accomplish each key goal or BHAG
- Assignment: Set up to 3 challenging sub-goals for this quarter/upcoming quarter of the year
- 14. Warning! Disadvantages of goals
- 15. Review of section 3
- Section 4: Achieving your goals
- 16. Introduction to section 4
- 17. Part 1 – Ten strategies to overcome procrastination and achieve your goals…
- 18. Part 2 – Ten strategies to overcome procrastination and achieve your goals…
- Assignment: Create Affirmations of your Key Goal(s)
- Assignment: Create a vision board
- Assignment: Create a mind movie
- Assignment: The 30 day challenge
- 19. After Action Review (AAR
- Assignment: Conduct an After Action Review (AAR)
- 20. Review of section 4
- Section 5: Course Conclusion